Monday, October 6, 2014

In Class Writing: 10/6/14

FNL Dance Room
"Ok, I am sooooo nervous!" I whispered to my friend Mia. We were waiting in line to get into the Friday night lights dance room. We were so close to getting in that I could already feel the bass pounding against my ribs shaking me and knocking me off my feet.
"Next group!" The adult that stood in front of me said. He thrust his hand to the side leaving just enough space for me and my friends to get in. 
"Come on guys lets go!!" Vivian shouted racing ahead of us in throwing herself into the room that lay ahead. 'Ok, hear I go' I thought. I raced ahead along with Mia and Ania and plunged myself into the darkness on the Dance Room. 

The music filled the air and all around me were green lasers shining lights on the kids that surrounded me. All around me was the sound of chattering kids. Texting, posting a pic on Instgram, or dancing.
" Well let's dance!" Ania shouted. 
"What?" My friend Thomas screamed back. The music was so loud that when you placed your hand on you heart you could feel the bass exploding inside you! Suddenly the song switched and Brake Free by Ariana Grande started to  play. All around me were shouts of joy as the song started to pick up. 
"Guys lets take a picture." Mia suggested. We all gathered around her small camera and made the weirdest faces ever as she snaped the camera button once, twice, three times and then shut her phone down. We all started dancing and I even did some of my signature moves. (None of them are really that good.)
" Come on guys I think I just heard the announcement about 100 person musical chairs lets go check it out!" Thomas said. We all went back outside of the Dance Room and the transition of loud to quiet was so powerful it almost blew my mind. We started down the stairs. When suddenly " Guys were is Ethan?" Oh no, not again!


I Also added on to my last post:

No comments:

Post a Comment