Friday, October 3, 2014

In Class Writing: 10/3/14

My Aunt Ingrid
You know when bad things happen? When things happen that you know you could have helped prevent? Well last year that happened to me. And, it was one of the most dreadful experiences of my life.

It all started one late afternoon. I was sitting in my bed doing my math homework. Nothing on my mind but the answer to 3.45 divided by 6x. I heard a soft rap on the door. 
"Tap, tap, tap."
"Come in." I said still distracted by my math. The door creaked open and in came my sisters Samantha and Anna along with my mom. 
"What, I am trying to do my homework"
"I know sweetie but there is something you need to know." I could already start to make out the lines under her eyes and the red marks around them.
"Your Aunt Ingrid has died. She passed away last night." My mom whispered. I had known that she was sick and in need of a liver transplant but in my life I have noticed that most bad things turn to good, and I did not think this moment would come so soon. Suddenly my math was the last thing on my mind. I looked at my sisters and saw they were sad, I looked at my mom and saw she was sad as well. But, at that moment if you looked at me you would know I was devastated. I felt a flood of tears welling up in my eyes and looked down as they slowly came out and landed on my paper. J
" It's ok sweetie, she is still with us even though she is not actually hear."

Looking back on that day now I wish I had gotten to know my Aunt better. I wish I had seen her more, and found out more about her. But when you love someone and they die, they never leave you they are always with you in you heart, mind, and soul.❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment