Thursday, May 22, 2014

AHW 5/22/14

The Water Slide
"Remember the plan!" My friend Maya said. It was our final field trip for the junior Girl Scouts at Harlen, and as a celebration our troop took a trip to the water park in Frankin Muth and my friend Maya and I were about to go on the water slide. As we slowly lowered our 2 person raft into the water I could the grin on Maya's face growing wider and wider.
"Go Ahead" the life guard shouted. I lowered my self into the raft and pushed off with my feet. As our raft went spinning into darkness I waited for Maya to give the signal. "Go!" She screamed. I felt her hand grab onto the handle on my side of the tube. I grasped it and just as I was about to pull her into my seat her arms gave way and she slipped out of my grasp.
 " OMG!" She shouted.
"Maya, grab my hand!" I leaned forward and tried to reach out so she could grab my hand, but instead I fell off the tube. With one hand on it and one hand off I tried pull myself back up into my seat but it was no use. Maya and I were still zooming down the water slide when light came into view. As our tube floated out of the slide I saw a life guard making his way towards us.
"We are busted" I whispered to Maya as she nodded her head in response.
" Sorry." I said the the life guard. After all we were only trying to switch seats well floating down a 60mph water slide in pitch blackness!

2 comments: