Wednesday, May 21, 2014

AHW 5/21/14

Swim Practice
I slowley slipped my cape over my head, as my coach shouted "600" as he does at the beginning on every practice. I knew that for the next 10 minutes or so, I would be in the water swimming 24 laps for warmup, at the cranbrook pool. I inched closer to the water a dipped a shaking toe in the the shimmering waves. I jumped back in surprise as the coldness rushed up my spin and caused me to lightly shiver. I looked at the clock as I nervously tightened the googles on the back on my head. 5 seconds. 3. 1. The boy that was first in my lane launched himself off the deck and into the pool. It was my turn. I let my feet, that were tightly griped on the deck loose, and jumped into the water after him. As the water encased me like a cocon I felt so cold that it made me wonder if this 2 hour swim practice, in a pool that is usually much warmer. Was, actully the sight they use for the Polar Bear Plunge.

1 comment: