Monday, May 12, 2014

AHW 5/12/14

Die or Prevail. Mostly Die.

Sometimes people may die. Sometimes they may prevail. But I died. I did not prevail, but died.

It was 1:30 on April 26, 2014. I was laying in my bed, half asleep when I heard the knock. The knock that led to my death. I grabbed a pair of jeans off the floor and a spare t shirt that was hanging out of my dresser drawer. I jumped out the window and ran 1 block up the street to wear my friends were waiting.

"Hey guys!" I shouted over the rumbling sound of the trucks that drove on the main road near my house.

" Liv, what took you so long?" My friend Sarah shouted. " We've been waiting for like ever!"

" Sorry, Meg only knocked like 5 seconds ago." I said glaring at my friend named Meg that just shook her head and laughed under her breath. I reached into my pocket and pulled out 2 things. A left over piece of gum from the day before which I shoved carelessly into my mouth and a scrap of paper. On the paper was a adress and a phone number. Both of which belonged to Mr. Thomd who lived about 4 blockes away. My friends and I hated him. He was constantly calling us names and threatening  to call the cops if we didn't ' Be quiet'. So tonight we were going to teach him a lesson. 

As we jumped into Sarah's car I could see the street lights flickering on and off behind us. She started the engine and we were off. But it was at that point when we were speeding down the road at above average speed that the thought came to my mind that what we were about to attempt might might not be as good of a thought as before.

No comments:

Post a Comment