Friday, October 4, 2013

10/4/13

Small Moment


"Are you sure you want to do this?"  My Grandma asked shaking her head in disapproval at the rollarcoaster I was about to ride.  "Yes!  Plus the line is 10 minutes long and you don't think I wake up at 6:00 for just any ride!" I said as I skipped happily towards the ride.  The excitement built up inside me we entered the line of the ride I had been waiting to go on the entire time we were at Cedar Point, the Magnum XL-200!  As I inched forward in line I could not believe what I was about to do!  I could not believe I was in the line for the last car and that I was finally going on the ride I had to bribe my parents into letting me go on.  "Next!" I heard the controller yell. As I slid into me seat I was sooooooo nervous I could burst!  As the car lurched forward I grasped the handle on the seat in front of me. As the rikity car started up the hill I held the handle even tighter and unable to lean forward I leaned back instead.  I could hear the creaking and clacking of the track and when we finally reached the top the car stopped.  I held my breath as the car launched forward and we started down the hill.  Flying out of my seat I screamed as we went up down side to side.  Through tunnels and around in circles.  And when my sweaty palms could not hold on any longer my hands flew up in the air as the car went down the final hill.  Then came to a sudden stop as it slowly jerked forward into the loading zone.  As the belts flew up I stumbled out the the car and looked back at the next set of people about to have the time of there lives on the most awesome ride at Cedar Point, the Magnum XL-200.

No comments:

Post a Comment