Thursday, October 3, 2013

10/3/13

Small Moment

(finished)

As I stared down at comerica park I shivered and another layer of frost covered my head.  So far the tigers were tyed and I had waiting in the line to run the bases for over a hour.  As I stood in line covered in a soft lair of frost I heard a "awwwwww" coming from the crowd.  Despretly my mom said " are you sure you don't want to go sit down in our seats?" " No mom" I said.  "This is a once in a life time oppertuinitty and I want to take the chance" I told her confidently.  In this situation I acted confident even though I was shivering from head to toe and my face had already gone num.  "That's the game" i heard the umpire yell.  As I struggled to get a look a the score board I saw the Tigers had lost but then as the line inched forward we got closer and closer to the real Comerica  park.   As my mom slowly went out of the line she watched as I set foot on the real Comerica park.  At first I thought of taking a walk around the bases along with the other 200 kids I was doing it with but then I heard a faint "go go go!" and with that I took off not realizing my 7 and 3 year old sisters I had left behind.  When the wonderful moment was over I saw my mom glancing desperately around for us.  "Mom!" I yelled and she turned suddenly and saw me.  " There you are, but were are your sisters?" I looked over to the base exit and saw Samantha.  But where was Anna (3.)  That's when I saw she had turned on the charm and was being walked who looked like a cheerleader around the bases and to the exit.

No comments:

Post a Comment