Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Social Studies 4/30/14

Q: Choose one of the following loyalists that you are most like:
• Thomas Hutchinson
• Jonathan Boucher
• Lord Dunmore

A: I would be most like Thomas Hutchinson.

Write a conversation between you and a Loyalists.

Loyalist - Thomas
Me - Megan
_____________________________________

Megan: Hi, Thomas Hutchinson is it? My name is Megan and I am new to the whole loyalist concept. I just joined this side and I need to know what being a loyalist is all about. Could you explain it to me?

Thomas: Sure, Megan, you seem trustworthy enough. Being a loyalist mean you need to show that you are in control. You have to be dedicated and to show your power rarely smile.

Megan: Ok, so you basically have to glare at everyone? Even the people you are related to?

Thomas: Yep, as a loyalist you have to believe that without the King George to guide us we really would not be here right now.

Megan: But the question is do we really need him?

Thomas: Of course! You would not be saying that if you were a loyalist.

Megan: Ok, I understand.

Thomas: I for one think that the patriots are unable to govern themselves. I think that is really all you need to know for now.

Megan: Yes, I agree with everything you just said. I really appreciate you taking the time to talk to me.

Thomas: Bye and may you live a wonderful life, Megan.

Q: Choose one of the following patriots you are most like.

• Ben Franklin
• Mercy Otis Warren
• Sam Adams

A: I am most like Sam Adams.

Create a conversation between you and the person you choose:

Patriot - Sam


Me - Megan
_______________________________________________

Megan: Excuse me Mr. Adams? Hi, My name is Megan and both my parents are patriots. I am 11 and always hear them talking about you and how wise you are and how stupid the loyalists are. Most of the time I don't understand what they are saying. Could you explain the basics of being a patriot to me?

Sam: First, thank you for the complement. I do try hard. Second of course I will tell you.

Megan: Thanks!

Sam: The first thing you need to know about being a patriot is that patriots believe that colonist should not have to pay my taxes on British goods.

Megan: Ok, so basically all those high taxes that my parents complain about are bad?

Sam: Yep, very bad. Lots of people like myself argue with the King about these taxes through newspaper articles.

Megan: Doing that could also get peoples attention about how the King is bad, right?

Sam: Exactly, you could also give speeches at public meeting that a lot of people attend like me.

Megan: I think I get is now. Thank Mr. Adams!

Sam: Your Welcome! And tell your parents that they seem awesome Megan!





No comments:

Post a Comment