Monday, February 3, 2014

AHW 2/3/14

Short Story
By Megan
As I sat there looking into a space feeling the pressure of time weighing down on me like 10000 lbs of bricks I knew I would not live through the night. Just earlier that day I had a heart attack that would lead to a death so painful I would not know what to do with myself. As I leaned back and set my head on the Hospital bed I could feel my husbands hand closing around my hand. "We will be together soon" I whispered. I could make out a single tear rolling down his cheek as I took one last glanced at his tear stained eyes. I closed my eyes peacefully and could feel his grip tighten as he carefully kissed my cheek. And with that knowing he would be safe from harm I took a deep breath and there in that room died at my husbands side.

No comments:

Post a Comment