Tuesday, May 5, 2015

AHW 5/5/15

"The world would be a better place if" is a question that pops into your head atleast once of twice in your life. It is not one that you will constantly walk around asking people but one that is more one that you will ask yourself. When I get confronted with a question like that it is one that I will sometimes have a hard time answering. But, I do have a answer for it now. Would you like to hear it?

It all started a few days ago. It was a Thursday and I was sitting in sixth period (Social Studies) well my teacher was going on and on about this "Reflections Program." Now at first when I heard about this program I thought Wow that sounds so cool! I totally have to try that! But then I remembered that I was in the sixth grade with loads of homework waiting to be completed on my desk at home. There was no way I would be able to get it done in time. But then my teacher said these 3 words. This. Is. Required. Suddenly I was staring up at him with my jaw hanging open and my eyes bulging out words. Like I was some sort of wide eyed, open mouth bug. 

About 10 minutes later the bell rang letting off a short " Bing, bing, bing" that could be heard through the entire school. I walked over to my friend who was packing her stuff up carefully placing her things in a pyramid shape so it would be easier to carry. 
"So what are you going to do for the reflections project?" She asked me picking up her stuff as she walked towards the door. I gave her a half hearted shrug and looked away. I was still worried that I would not have enough time to do the project. 
"So?" She asked again I could tell by the seriousness in her voice that she wanted an answer.
" I don't know but I will figure it out" I replied. I typed in the number to open locker and shoved by books into the bottom letting them fall into the locker in a un orderly fasion. I closed my locker with a click and walked away.

Now, if you are reading this right now you are probably thinking, "so why isn't this girl answering the question?" Well I am getting to that. But now let's skip up a little bit and set the seen for a Sunday afternoon. In my bedroom.

I was lying on my bed reading a book called Wonder one Sunday afternoon when a thought suddenly popped into my head "reflections program." 

No comments:

Post a Comment